St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center is designated as one of the first three facilities in the state to receive accreditation from the Laboratory Accreditation Board of the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET) for comprehensive high caliber EEG Laboratory Services.
St. Joseph's Healthcare System, has been recognized as one of the Nation's MOST WIRED, according to the results of the 2012 Most Wired Survey released today in the July issue of Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
St. Joseph's Healthcare System has been named on the 'Top 100 Great Places to Work' by Becker's ASC/Becker's Hospital Review for 2013.
U.S. News & World Report has selected St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center among the Best in the NY Metro Area and Among the Best in Northern New Jersey St. Joseph's was recognized in the "Best Hospitals" listing for four high-performing specialties: cancer, nephrology, neurology & neurosurgery, and urology.
St. Joseph's Healthcare System's Public Relations and Marketing Department received two Jasper Awards for excellence in marketing communications at the 38th Annual Jersey Shore Public Relations and Advertising Association (JSPRAA) Awards ceremony in 2012. Both contest submissions, the SJCH print ad and the CCB FSI, were judged for creativity, concept, copy, artwork, effectiveness in reaching the target audience and overall messaging.
Healthgrades named St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center among the top 5% in the nation (2011-2012) to be 5-Star rated and the recipient of both the Maternity Care Excellence Award and the Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award. In addition, St. Joseph's is one of only 3 hospitals in New Jersey to be 5-Star rated and the recipient of the Maternity Care Excellence Award, placing it in the top 10% nationally.
St. Joseph's Healthcare System received accreditation from Det Norske Veritas (DNV Health Care Inc.)
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center and St. Joseph's Children's Hospital are three-time recipients of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, which is the highest recognition awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognizing them for sustained excellence since 1999.
St. Joseph's remains a state-accredited education facility with 190 House Staff Physicians in 14 accredited Residency and Fellowship programs
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center received the Gold Performance Achievement Award for its achievement in implementing the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association "Get With The Guidelines" quality initiatives for stroke, becoming 1 of only 5 hospitals nationwide to receive this honor.
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer which ensures the provision of comprehensive cancer care, including state of the art equipment, a multidisciplinary approach to treatment, access to clinical trials and early detection programs.
The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognize St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center for achieving at least two years of 85% or higher adherence to all Get With the Guidelines® program quality indicators for improving quality of care and patient outcomes.
- St. Joseph's Healthcare System received a Bronze Award from the Aster Awards Program, sponsored by Marketing Healthcare Today magazine for our Pediatric Harvest Party Invitation/Flyer.
- St. Joseph's Healthcare System received the 19th Annual Communicator Awards Program - Silver Award, for The AWL, January 2013 Issue. The Communicator Awards Program is sponsored by the International Academy of the Visual Arts.
- St. Joseph's Children's Hospital received an award from Healthcare Marketing Report's 13th Annual Healthcare Advertising Awards for our St. Joseph's Children's Hospital Billboard.
- St. Joseph's Healthcare System received a Bronze Award from the Aster Awards Program for our "I Make A Difference" Embracing Excellence Video in the category of Special Video Production sponsored by Marketing Healthcare Today magazine.
- St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center is the recipient of the prestigious 2013 New Jersey Hospital Association (NJHA) and its Health Research and Educational Trust of NJ (HRET) Community Outreach Award. This year's NJHA HRET award salutes our Age Wise program for 'Improving End-of-Life Care,' a model initiative that enhances patient care while advancing nursing practice through unique collaborative processes.
- St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center received the NJ Sharing Network's prestigious Circle of Life Award. The award was presented to the Critical Care Committee on behalf of the multi-disciplinary efforts to save lives through organ donation.
- The Leapfrog Group Hospital Safety Report data showed an "A" grade for St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center (including St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital)
- St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center received Gold status as a Fit Friendly Company from the American Heart Association.
- MARIA BRENNAN, DNPc, RN, CPHQ, Chief Nursing Officer, SJHS, and Vice President, Patient Care Services, SJRMC, recipient of the 2012 Distinguished Service Award presented at the Organization of Nurse Executives of New Jersey's (ONE/NJ) Nursing Leadership Awards celebration.
- MARK W. CONNOLLY, MD, FACS, FACC, Chairman of the Department of Surgery, recipient of The Humanitarian of the Year Award bestowed by the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark on the occasion of The Archbishop's Gala.
- The Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU) atSt. Joseph's Wayne Hospital has been selected as a Finalist in the Physical Therapy Rehabilitation Center of the Year category, NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes awards program for 2012.
- The St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center Emergency Department was selected as a finalist in the NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes awards program, Innovation Hero – Organization category
- St. Vincent's Nursing Home was selected as a finalist in the NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes awards program , Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facility of the Year category
- 2010 Magnet Prize, Magnet Nursing’s highest and most prestigious honor, presented to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center at the National Magnet Conference in Phoenix. Selected as a pioneer for our Women’s Heart Center at St. Joseph's services, SJRMC joins the Mayo Clinic and other renowned institutions as one of only 8 Magnet-designated organizations to ever receive the award – the only winner, worldwide, this year.
- Mitch G. Sobel, R.Ph., M.A.S., Director, Pharmacy Services, St. Joseph’s Healthcare System, is the 2011 recipient of the Gregory A. Santora Pharmacy Leadership Award presented by the New Jersey Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
- St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center has been designated as one of only three facilities in the state to receive accreditation from the Laboratory Accreditation Board of the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET) for comprehensive high caliber EEG Laboratory Services.
- St. Joseph’s has earned HealthGrades’ Pediatric Patient Safety Excellence Award.
- St. Joseph’s has received a five-star rating for clinical excellence for Maternity Care from HealthGrades.
- The Medical-Surgical Intensive Care Unit at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center received the prestigious Beacon Award from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses for critical care excellence.
- Jack Robinson, CPA, Chief Financial Officer, St. Joseph’s Healthcare System, has been selected as a finalist in the ‘Best Turnaround Specialist’ category in the 2010 NJBIZ CFO of the Year awards program.
- Leading the New York Metropolitan Region, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center earned Joint Commission Advanced (Congestive) Heart Failure Certification. This is a new higher level of achievement in Heart Failure care.
- The MR CHAMMP (Mitigating Risk – Cardiac Health Assessment for the Men/Ms. of Passaic County) Program at St. Joseph's received the 2011 Disparities Leadership Program Award from the Massachusetts General Hospital Disparities Solution Center
- St. Joseph's Healthcare System is a 2011 recipient of the Cardinal Health Foundation’s E3 Grant Program
- Members of the Pharmacy Department Team at St. Joseph's Healthcare System were selected to serve in NJ Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (NJSHP) organization leadership roles:
- Radhika Pisupati, PharmD, Manager, Clinical Pharmacy, St. Joseph's Healthcare System: Director of Organizational Affairs, NJSHP (State)
- Susan Kornblit, R.Ph, Medication Safety Coordinator, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center: President, NJSHP North Chapter
- Christopher Malabanan, PharmD, Internal Medicine Clinical Pharmacist, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center: President Elect, NJSHP North Chapter
- Frank McCage, PharmD, R.Ph, CCP, Staff Pharmacist, St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital: Treasurer, NJSHP North Chapter
- Mitch Sobel, R.Ph, M.A.S., Director, Pharmacy Services, St. Joseph's Healthcare System, Regional Delegate for NJSHP, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists