The St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital Pediatric Sleep Center, renovated in 2008, is located at our St. Joseph’s Wayne Hospital campus in nearby Wayne, NJ. The Center is dedicated to the evaluation of cardiorespiratory and sleep disorders in infants, children, and adolescents. It is equipped with a new state-of-the-art comprehensive polysomnographic monitoring system, which is staffed by pediatric sleep technologists. The Center recently received full accreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
The Sleep Center consists of a multidisciplinary team of Board-certified Sleep Specialists, Developmental Pediatricians, Clinical Psychologists, and Otorhinolaryngologists.
An overnight sleep study or polysomnogram is a tool that can help in the evaluation and management of children with symptoms that include:
- Mouth Breathing
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Behaviorial problems that include inattentiveness in school and hyperactivity
- Cyanotic or choking spells
- Obesity-related hypoventilation problems
- Neuromuscular disease with hypoventilation
- Pre- and Post-operative evaluation for scoliosis, spina bifida, cleft palate and other neurosurgical and craniofacial disorders
- Determination of respiratory needs for oxygen and ventilatory support
Referrals can be made directly to the Sleep Center.
For additional information, please contact us:
Jon Africano, Director for Pulmonary Services, Director of The Sleep Center: 973.754.2455
Roberto Nachajon, MD, Medical Director