- Nursing Quality current position
- National Database for Nursing Quality Indicators
- Nursing Quality and Performance Improvement Council
The primary goal of the quality improvement program at St. Joseph's Healthcare System is the ongoing assessment and improvement of the delivery, quality, and outcome of patient care. Quality and performance improvement efforts within the Department of Nursing occur in a unit/ service framework. Quality improvement activities are viewed as educational. Staff nurses participate in the quality improvement process and perceive the process as one that improves the quality of care delivered within the organization and supports the overall medical centers mission and strategic plans.
- There is a comprehensive plan to assess, analyze, and evaluate clinical and operational processes and outcomes.
- Ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and improvement of nurse-sensitive outcomes appropriate to the clinical settings.
- Clinical and operational indicators are benchmarked with external entities to modify care processes.
- There is involvement of nurses at all levels of the organization in quality improvement planning and improvement processes.
Page 1 of 3 All Pages