Education Services offered:
- Comprehensive Diabetes Programs
- The group classes and individual self-management education programs are offered in the following areas: blood sugar monitoring, insulin and oral medication management, nutritional counseling, stress management, exercise, and other specialized programs.
Comprehensive Core Group Outpatient Self-Management Program:
- This is a year-long education program designed to help people with diabetes develop and continuously practice the self-management skills that will enhance and prolong the quality of their lives by reducing risks for diabetes-related complications. The Program places emphasis on helping the patient make Behavior Change. The team also tracks and reports the ADA Standards of Care to patients and their physicians.
- A total of 9 hours of education, divided into three, 3 hour classes.
- Class hours are offered during the morning, afternoon and evenings.
- Includes free 3 and 12 month follow-ups, and monthly support groups. The Center feels that it is important to have frequent and regular interaction with patients with diabetes in order to assist and motivate them in the ongoing management of the disease.
Individual consultation is available in the following areas carbohydrate counting, insulin administration, medication management, self monitoring of blood glucose, stress management, diabetes and physical activity, meal planning, weight management.
Gestational Diabetes Counseling
One of the most common complications of pregnancy, gestational diabetes affects about 4% of all pregnant women. Gestational Diabetes education is offered on an individual basis including blood glucose monitoring specialized meal planning and nutritional counseling, weight management and follow up.
Nutrition Counseling and Programs
Nutrition counseling is offered for people with diabetes and for people with other nutrition related conditions such as high cholesterol, obesity, prediabetes, and children and teens who need help managing weight. Group and individual counseling sessions by a Registered Dietician, promote healthy eating and portioning with practical demonstrations.
Free monthly support groups
Monthly support groups offer additional diabetes management education, as well as the opportunity to share experiences with other individuals who have diabetes.
Page 3 of 5 All Pages