The goals of individualized Sub-Acute services at St. Vincent's Nursing Home are:
- To restore the patient to his/her highest level of functioning;
- Reintegrate the patient to the community;
- Increase the patient's understanding of his/her medication regimen;
- Improve the patient's range of motion, endurance and mobility;
- Strengthen the patient's muscles.
Rehabilitation Department services at St. Vincent's Nursing Home are provided:
- Monday through Saturday;
- The services are also available on Sunday, if a physician orders a 7-day per week course of therapy.
The admission criteria for Sub-Acute care at St. Vincent's Nursing Home includes:
- Privately insured patients and patients with Medicare coverage who are alert and oriented,
- With hip or knee replacement,
- IV antibiotic therapy,
- De-conditioned patients with pneumonia and COPD.
The all-private, Sub-Acute resident rooms are located in close proximity to the Rehabilitation Department at St. Vincent's Nursing Home. These rooms offer private bathrooms with showers. This new service is provided by a physician referral through Case Management at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center and St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital. For information regarding Sub-Acute or other services available at St. Vincent's Nursing Home please call Admissions at 973-754-4800 or 973-754-4850.