The Thoracic Surgery Division at St Joseph’s Regional Medical Center is dedicated to the prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the chest. We continue to expand treatment options for patients, utilizing minimally-invasive procedures including Video-Assisted Thoracic surgery (VATS) and Robotic- assisted surgery.
Our surgeons provide state-of-the-surgical techniques and cancer therapies with a major focus in early diagnosis, better staging and prediction of recurrent disease in lung and esophageal cancer, supported by the latest research protocols. We also have a lung cancer screening program for high-risk surgical patients. Our multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of lung cancer, esophageal cancer and other diseases of the chest creates a team approach to patient care and streamlines the patient experience and ensures quality outcomes for all types of thoracic disease.
Our Thoracic surgeons treat the following conditions:
- Lung Cancer
- Benign diseases and tumors of the lung
- Chest reconstruction after major trauma or surgery
- Esophageal cancer
- Benign diseases of the esophagus (achalaisia, benign tumors and strictures)
- Esophageal reconstruction
- Gastroesophageal Reflux disease
- Mediastinal tumors and diseases
- Surgical treatment of myasthenia gravis
- Pleural diseases (pneumothorax, infections, pleural effusions)
- Chest wall tumors
- Sympathectomy for hyperhydrosis
- Plication for diaphragm paralysis
- Tracheal resection or stent insertion for airway narrowing
- Contact Us
For additional information please contact us at 973.754.2460.