St. Joseph's Healthcare System offers salaries that are competitive with the external labor market. Salaries are equitable and consistent, based on relative internal equity and worth.
St Joseph's Healthcare System's Benefit Program is designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. The wide range of benefits that are offered include:
- Group Health Plans offer a choice of health, dental, and vision benefits,
- Life Insurance Plans which can provide a benefit for employees and eligible dependents,
- Disability benefits that allow employees to choose the long-term disability plan of their choice,
- Pension benefits provide employees with a fully paid Defined Benefit Plan and a voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity Plan,
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and a Qualified Transportation Expense Plan allow employees to use pre-tax dollars to pay for expenses not covered by insurance including health, dental and vision expenses, dependent care expenses such as day care, and work commuting expenses,
- Tuition Reimbursement assists employees to further their education with coursework related to their position or career development.
Work/Life Balance Programs help employees balance their personal life, their family life, and their work life by offering programs including:
- Onsite Child Care is available at the Paterson campus,
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holiday, and sick leave) gives employees time off to use as they want and cover them when they are sick and unable to work,
- Health and Wellness Programs offer free health screening and exercise programs,
- The Employee Assistance Program assists employees with personal, family or work related problems,
- Discount Programs provide employees with discounted tickets for the theatre, movies, sport events and amusement park admissions,
- Discounts from retail vendors are also available.