In the beginning of Nursing Research, there was Florence Nightingale - Nursing's 1st Nurse Researcher. In the honor of Ms. Nightingale, St. Joseph's Healthcare System continues her dedication to nursing research and the development of nursing practice for outstanding patient care.
The Department of Nursing Practice and Research at St. Joseph's Healthcare System (SJHS) is responsible for:
- The development of a Nursing Research and Evidence-based Nursing Practice (EBNP) Program and Model;
- Educating all RNs about Nursing Research and EBNP;
- Facilitating staff RNs to incorporate EBNP into their daily patient care;
- Consulting with staff members on all aspects of research/EBNP projects from idea to dissemination of results;
- Actively participating as a voting member of St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center's (SJRMC) Institutional Review Board (IRB).