Bariatric Program at St. Joseph's Hospital
Bariatric Surgeries at St. Joseph's Healthcare System are performed in a state of the art operating room by highly-skilled, board-certified, experienced surgeons. Services St. Joseph's provides to qualified patients include:
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
These procedures are done through small incisions in the upper abdomen. Each prospective patient is evaluated by one of our surgeons in a one-to-one consultation. The type of surgery will be determined during the consultation based on what is most appropriate for the individual patient.
We offer a distinctive multidisciplinary approach which focuses on meeting the patient's needs through every step of the process. Services for our bariatric surgery patients include; seminars, individual consultations with the surgeon, assistance with insurance approval, preparation classes before the surgery and continuous support group meetings after the procedure to ensure the best possible outcome. We will work together to ensure that your pathway to surgery goes smoothly. If you are interested in learning more about the different procedures or if you have any questions please call the Bariatric Coordinator at 551.795.4665 or via email Pichardn@sjhmc.
Candidates include those who:
- Have tried and failed to lose weight
- Are more than 100 pounds overweight
- Have a body mass index (BMI) greater than 40
- Have a BMI of 35 or more and suffer from any obesity-related health problem including diabetes, high blood pressure, infertility, breast cancer, high cholesterol, heart disease/attacks, gallstones, arthritis, sleep apnea, joint & spine problems, uterine cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, varicose veins, depression, social isolation.
Obesity can result in overall decreased life expectancy.
For more information on Bariatric Services please click here.
Powered by BodyEngine
Page 1 of 6 All Pages