The Commerical Interest agrees to abide by all requirements of the ACCME/MSNJ Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education.
1. Statement of Purpose: program is for scientific and educational purposes only and will not promote the company’s products, directly or indirectly.
2. Control of Content & Selection of Presenters and Moderators: Provider is responsible for control of content and selection of presenters and moderators. The Company agrees not to try to direct the content of the program.
3. Disclosure of Financial Relationships: Provider will ensure meaningful disclosure to the audience, at the time of the program, of (a) Company funding and (b) any relevant relationship between the Provider and the Company (e.g. grant recipient) or between individual speakers or moderators and the Company.
4. Involvement in Content: there will be no “scripting”, emphasis, or direction of content by the company or its agents.
5. Ancillary Promotional Activities: no promotional activities will be permitted in the same room or obligate path as the educational activity. No product advertisements will be permitted in the program room.
6. Objectivity & Balance: Provider will make every effort to ensure that data regarding the company’s products (or competing products) are objectively selected and presented, with favorable and unfavorable information and balanced discussion of prevailing information on the product(s) and/or alternative treatments.
7. Limitations on Data: Provider will ensure, to the extent possible, meaningful disclosure of limitations on data, e.g. ongoing research, interim analyses, preliminary data, or unsupported opinion.
8. Discussion of Unapproved Uses: Provider will require that presenters disclose when a product is not approved in the United States for the use under discussion.
9. Opportunities for Debate: Provider will ensure meaningful opportunities for questioning or scientific debate.
10. Independence of Provider in the Use of Contributed Funds:
A. Funds should be in the form of an educational grant, made payable to St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center.
B. All other support associated with this Continuing Medical Education activity (e.g. distributing brochures, preparing slides, etc.) must be given with full knowledge and approval of St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center
C. No other funds from the commercial company will be paid to the program director, faculty, or others involved with the CME Activity (additional honoraria, extra social events, etc.)
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center agrees to: 1) abide by the ACCME/MSNJ Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education; 2) acknowledge educational support from the commercial company in program brochures, syllabi and other program materials, and 3) upon request, furnish the commercial interest a report concerning the expenditure of the funds provided.