Program Size, Training Locations and Education Opportunities
- 24 residents (8 residents per year)
- Primary site – St. Joseph’s University Medical Center
- Secondary site – St. Joseph’s Wayne (community EM experience)
- Secondary site – New Jersey Poison Control Center (medical toxicology experience)
- Paterson, New Jersey is a melting pot of different ethnicities, cultures, and religions. A significant portion of our patient population are underserved and do not have access to primary care. We take pride in caring for all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Our residents and faculty volunteer at a number of local establishments, including but not limited to:
- Eva’s Village http://evasvillage.org
- Father English Community Center https://ccpaterson.org/the-father-english-community-center
- YMCA of Paterson http://www.ymcaofpaterson.org/
- Our residents teach a national ultrasound and critical care course annually at ACOEP.
- Dedicated student clerkship including simulation, ultrasound, lectures are primarily taught by residents.
- Daily morning report
- Resident presentations at weekly conference
Board Pass Rate
- At or near 100% since we started in 2004.
- Meal Card
- Well-established residency fund to support academic and wellness-related endeavors