The department of Dentistry sponsors three CODA-approved advanced education programs. The General Practice Residency (GPR) program:
- Enrolls and graduates four residents per year;
- Conducts training at St. Joseph’s University Medical Center at the main hospital (703 Main Street, Paterson) and an off-site clinic (11 Getty Ave, Paterson) across from the main hospital;
- Provides educational opportunities at these sites covering the full spectrum of general dentistry and are described in detail in the program’s Curriculum Goals and Objectives;
- Serves populations that are ethnically and culturally diverse including many communities with limited resources - Northern New Jersey is one of the most diverse and densely populated regions in the US;
- Involves teaching of students on rotation with the understanding that the core curriculum is faculty driven and that the educational process always involves faculty supervision;
- Offers many benefits including proximity to New York City, a large and diverse patient population, an experienced, skilled and dedicated faculty composed of clinician/educators, excellent facilities and resources and leadership committed to educating residents in an environment conducive to learning.