We strive to provide an academic environment and a diverse patient population as well as excellent levels of instruction and supervision for our fellows to obtain complete competency to become a subspecialist in pulmonary and critical care medicine.
- Foster a collaborative environment that emphasizes clinical skills, teaching, scholarly research, and intellectual pursuit.
- Recruit trainees that mirror the diverse community we serve.
- Provide fellows with the tools required to develop themselves, professionally and personally as a career physician.
- Respond to and accommodate the dynamic healthcare system needs of patients and society across all ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic boundaries.
- Promote our trainee’s and faculty’s emotional, mental and physical well-being, and provide mentorship that nurtures both personal and professional growth
- Keep the balance of clinical autonomy and structured learning for each trainee with graded milestone-based knowledge and skill growth.
- Promote an environment of teamwork, collaboration, and patient-centered care
- Promote resilience, fatigue and burnout awareness, as well as peer advocacy and support.